“A last hurrah for plotlanders, Britain’s interwar guerrilla housebuilders.
In the chaos and poverty of interwar Britain sprang up a hardy breed of guerrilla homebuilder: plotlanders. Foreshadowing both trailer parks and modern squatters, they constructed semi-permanent dwellings on land not needed for agriculture – near motorways, in woodland, on cliff edges. Godfrey Holmes celebrates the spirit and ingenuity of true property pioneers” http://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/a-last-hurrah-for-plotlanders-britains-interwar-guerrilla-housebuilders-a7715176.html
- Five days at the wood
- Plotlands story in the Independent
- Log cabin holidays and garden shepherd’s huts
- Century Wood blog
- Lake Isle of Innisfree
- The hut at Walden Pond
- The return of the plotlands and prefabs?
- Urgent request to help Humberston Fitties
- Observer story about hutting in Scotland
- Guardian story about woodplots
Donald McPhillimy on Five days at the wood Five days at the woo… on The hut at Walden Pond Five days at the woo… on Watching the stove vs watching… Mike Valentine on Holtsfield and Owensfield on t… Walking the Gower Co… on Holtsfield and Owensfield on t…