“A last hurrah for plotlanders, Britain’s interwar guerrilla housebuilders.
In the chaos and poverty of interwar Britain sprang up a hardy breed of guerrilla homebuilder: plotlanders. Foreshadowing both trailer parks and modern squatters, they constructed semi-permanent dwellings on land not needed for agriculture – near motorways, in woodland, on cliff edges. Godfrey Holmes celebrates the spirit and ingenuity of true property pioneers” http://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/a-last-hurrah-for-plotlanders-britains-interwar-guerrilla-housebuilders-a7715176.html
- Plotlands story in the Independent
- Log cabin holidays and garden shepherd’s huts
- Century Wood blog
- Lake Isle of Innisfree
- The hut at Walden Pond
- The return of the plotlands and prefabs?
- Urgent request to help Humberston Fitties
- Observer story about hutting in Scotland
- Guardian story about woodplots
- The Glamping Show
Martin on What went wrong with Jayw… Eric Leaver on Chalets at Haggs Hall Fields,… Braystones beach hut… on Paul Merton at Braystones 21 March: from my ch… on What went wrong with Jayw… Donald McPhillimy on Lake Isle of Innisfree