“A last hurrah for plotlanders, Britain’s interwar guerrilla housebuilders.
In the chaos and poverty of interwar Britain sprang up a hardy breed of guerrilla homebuilder: plotlanders. Foreshadowing both trailer parks and modern squatters, they constructed semi-permanent dwellings on land not needed for agriculture – near motorways, in woodland, on cliff edges. Godfrey Holmes celebrates the spirit and ingenuity of true property pioneers” http://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/a-last-hurrah-for-plotlanders-britains-interwar-guerrilla-housebuilders-a7715176.html
- Plotlands story in the Independent
- Log cabin holidays and garden shepherd’s huts
- Century Wood blog
- Lake Isle of Innisfree
- The hut at Walden Pond
- The return of the plotlands and prefabs?
- Urgent request to help Humberston Fitties
- Observer story about hutting in Scotland
- Guardian story about woodplots
- The Glamping Show
The Black Wood of Ra… on Root plates Watching the stove v… on Shed of the Year 2015, Episode… Dodd Wood and Whinla… on Red squirrels at Allan Ba… Root plates | Centur… on Grizedale Forest Root plates | Centur… on The Black Wood of Rannoch